Monday 30 January 2012

Whoops!

Sorry, missed two weeks of posts! I forgot my password. Again. Chrome is supposed to remember them all for me, but it seems to purge itself ever few months. *sigh*

Anyway, I have a bunch of fabric scraps, from Spoonflower and the like, and I fancy trying my hand at some slightly more complicated quilting than I usually bother with. Most of my quilts have been of the sew-squares-to-other-squares variety, and I don't have enough of these fabrics to do that properly.

I found this quilt-a-long from Crazy Mom Quilts and I thought I'd give it a go but with black instead of white. Most of my fabrics are going to be pretty geeky. I'm going to try to fit as many fandoms as possible into one quilt :D To that aim here is the first panel-


Panel One - Doctor Who & Star Wars



The fabrics used are ELEVEN TRAVELING DOCTORS AND BLUE PHONE BOXES by Green Couch Studios and THAT'S NO MOON by ThirdHalfStudios. I only had a swatch of the Doctors fabric, took a while to workout how to cut it so that the Eighth Doctor (mmmm Paul McGann) was in the big panel.

Not sure I'll be doing a panel a week but I do intend to finish this by the end of the year. Next panel will probably feature a cephalopod or two :D

No comments: