Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year! When Did That Happen?!

Hello 2012! Please lock the door after 2011, we don't want him getting back in! Sorry I’m a teeny bit late in post this, at least it was only a day rather than three weeks like year!

I hope you’ve all had a lovely holiday season and a great new year. And that you’ve recovered from the hangover by now, if not, well done sir but cut back on the boozahol next year!

Inspired by the lovely Margrethe over at One Life Documented, I’ve decided to make some resolutions. I’m terrible at resolutions (didn’t even make any last year) but hopefully putting them in a public place might shame me into sticking with it.

I’m hoping to make at least three posts to this blog each week. Currently my posts are mostly cookery but I’m hoping to restart my book blog and add various craft/gardening/organisation projects well. I've a few projects that I’ve taken photos for over the last year and never gotten around to uploading.

I'm currently planning for my posts to be along the themes of - Monday Makes, Tuesday Tunes, Wordless Wednesday, Thursday Thoughts and Foody Friday. Not all the posts will be in detail, but I'll try to follow the general themes. We'll see how long I actually stick to that though :p

As well as Wordless Wednesday, I’ve also signed up to ShutterCal which is a calendar-based daily photography project, so I’m going to try to post there every day. If you’d like to follow my calendar you can find it HERE. Expect lots of cat pictures.

Another resolution is also to finish at least one old abandoned project every week. That might be art, or a half-knit sock, or the unbuilt garden furniture, but whatever it is I’ll be sharing my progress here, and I’d love it if you guys would share yours too.

Last year I took part in Julia Crossland’s Being Creative project, though I did rather badly at keeping a record of what I was doing. If you’re looking for inspiration or creative prompts, that’s a good place to start.

My last resolution is to spend more time on languages. I have many lovely international friends who speak better English than I do as well as their own language. To quote Korben Dallas – “Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English.” To try to make up for the shameful ignorance on my part I’m going to try to spend at least 30 minutes a week on both German and Norwegian (Bokmal), which might not sound like a lot, but I do read both languages regularly throughout the day. If anyone speaks either language and would like to help me embarrass myself, feel free to write in that language and I’ll try to reply. I’d love to learn basic Icelandic too, but I’m struggling to find a suitable course so that might have to wait until next year.

Glückliches Neues Jahr! / Godt Nyttår!

No comments: