Monday 16 January 2012

Monday Make - Tool Belt

I'm not a huge fan of having too much heavy stuff tied around my waist, and a lot of the women's tool belts are basically aprons with extra pockets. Having all your stuff hanging over your knees isn't all that helpful (or safe) if you're working at bench or kneeling down in the garden. So I wanted to make something that would attach to my ordinary belt (between the belt loops on my jeans) and hang down to the side.

So I made these, one set of pockets for general stuff and one pocket for scissors (or similar cutting implements). I had some scraps so I made a loop for a carabina, useful for hanging stuff from.



This gorgeous fabric is from the Retro Spring collection by Renule on SpoonFlower.

I had planned on posting a pattern and how-to with pictures of the second set that I need to make, but sadly I did this to the iron this morning -



So further details will have to wait til I can replace my equipment :*(

No comments: