Tuesday 26 April 2011

Day 15 – Your “Comfort” Book

Hmmm most of the books I'd consider as "comfort" books have already been mentioned, so I'm going to go forthe books I turn to when I've had a long day and I'm too exhausted to concentrate on anything complicated or clever.

The Sookie Stackhouse (a.k.a Southern Vampire (a.k.a True Blood)) series by Charlaine Harris is neither complicated or clever. These are literary soap operas, the kind of books you can read in one sitting and never think about again. Fortunately the characters are just this side of one dimensional and some of the set pieces are imaginative enough to keep the reader entertained. This series treats the vampire mythos with some degree of respect whilst still letting the characters be flawed, both of which seem to be missing from Twilight. Sorry but I like vampires to be real vampires. Just like Dexter and Bones, the TV series that has been spawned by the Sookie Stackhouse books is wildly better than its source, which makes it all worthwhile in the end :)

Even Better 30 Day Song Challenge - Day 15 - Track That You Wish Described You







Heh, I wish I looked that good, just so I could complain about it :p

No comments: