Sunday 28 September 2014

The To Be Read Tag

Another Swap-Bot challenge :D

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Good Reads is fantastic, whenever I get new books (Yule or birthday usually) I scan them into my To Read list and then I can shelve them without worrying about forgetting them, or piling them by the bed and forgetting them. I also tend to scan books I want to borrow from the library in future.

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?Mostly print or not-yet-obtained. I have a few on my amazon wish list but I tend not to use my kindle app much.


How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?I like taking part opinion "pick my next read" swaps as I struggle to choose otherwise, I tend to end up reading things I've already read before. I fear new reads, I don't want to like any characters only to have them die on me :p


A book that's been in your TBR the longest.Here are the ten books that have been in my goodreads queue the longest. It's a weird mix of Classics and silliness.





A book you recently added to your TBR.
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury, and a whole lot of Loki.


A book in your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.

Eragon, I wouldn't exactly say it's a beautiful cover, but it IS an interesting cover. However after trying to watch the movie, I don't imagine I'll ever actually read it. I was tempted to say "Bound Lilies" by Nico Murray, but that's a bit cheeky since I designed the cover :D

A book in your TBR that you never plan on reading.
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, or Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger, or Lord of the Flies by William Golding. They're on the list because I know I should read them, should probably have read them in school, but I really really can't be bothered. There are neither spaceships nor dragons, and I don't have time for books that lack should basic elements.

An unpublished book in your TBR that you're excited for.
I adore Terry Pratchett's books and always get the Discworld ones as soon as they come out. The next one that's due is a Tiffany Aching YA book, which I don't currently read (though I will get them for my toddler once he's old enough) so I'm not that excited about it, but there'll hopefully be another Discworld one soon.

A book in your TBR that everyone recommends to you.
Probably The Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follett, it's only on my list cos it was given to me.

Number of books in your TBR.
96


No comments: