Friday 13 June 2014

A to Z Book Survey

For Swap-bot, based on the survey on Perpetual Pageturner.

Author you’ve read the most books from: 

Terry Pratchett! I've read all the books in the Discworld series, including the Young Adult ones, and most of the stand alone books, though I'm still waiting for book 2 of The Long Earth series to arrive in our library.

Best Sequel Ever: 

Hannibal. I'll not spoil it for you but it has the outcome for Dr Lecter that I always wanted.

Currently Reading:

The Gospel of Loki by Joanne M Harris

Drink of Choice While Reading: 

Hot chocolate with cinnamon!

E-reader or Physical Book? 

Physical book. I'm the place good books go to die, I've destroyed two copies of American Gods over the last few years via spills, tears, broken spines etc. An E-reader would be a very expensive paperweight after 5 minutes in my hands!

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: 

Newton Pulcifer from Good Omens, I always got the losers!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: 

The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson, it changed my philosophy on death

Hidden Gem Book:

Burton and Swinburne in the Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder. I highly recommend this to any fans of sci-fi, alternate history, historical adventure or just bat-poop crazy writing.

Important Moment in your Reading Life: 

Reading Jane Eyre in high school and realising that classics weren't all dull gossiping women

Just Finished: 

Red Shirts by John Scalzi

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: 

Anything that's sold in the “Chick-Lit” section, I have enough trouble with real life!

Longest Book You’ve Read: 

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Major book hangover because of: 

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, it's lasted 19 years so far!

Number of Bookcases You Own: 

Eight floor-to-ceiling and two waist height.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: 

I read Dune by Frank Herbert once a year or so

Preferred Place To Read: 

The bath! LOL

Quote that you like, from a book you’ve read:

 “Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” - Sandman: Fables and Reflections by Neil Gaiman

Reading Regret: 

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. We were forced to read it for A-Level English Lit and frankly it was the worst book I've ever read.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series): 

The Sookie Stackhouse novels, I kinda lost track around book 10.

Three of your All-Time Favourite Books: 

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon
Necronomicon (the collected works of HP Lovecraft)

Unapologetic Fangirl For: 

Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve. Cities roaming the nuclear wastes of Europe, brilliant

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: 

The novelisation of The Dark Crystal surprisingly. The written version of the Labyrinth was excellent and perfect bedtime reading for the baby.

Worst Bookish Habit: 

Folding pages to mark my place, my favourites scenes/quotes and then not knowing which is which and having to start over.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: 

Ubik by Philip K Dick

Your latest book purchase:

George RR Martin's Dance with Dragons part 1 & 2 for my husband. I won't read them.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): 

Terry Pratchett's Raising Steam. I read it in one sitting.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

I did this meme awhile ago and found it a lot of fun. Book memes are really interesting both to do and to read by others.

basykes on S-B