Monday 5 September 2011

Greetings!

[caption id="attachment_9" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Du Demands MOAR Cat Pictures!"][/caption]

I'm in the process of switching to working for myself full time, and I've decided to separate my personal life from my art blog at www.phantoms-siren.com to tighten the focus on the art and to keep the cat pictures to a minimum over there.

I also felt like making a record of my slow journey from undomesticated goddess to competent housewife. There are an awful lot of blogs out there made by confident together women full of helpful tips and excessively pretty recipes. Frankly, I'm jealous of their skills, but I'd also feel like I should stand up for the other end of the scale. Those of us for whom dusting is an alien concept and who didn't know there could be more than two types of flour. I do not have it all under control, in fact I seem to have lost our guest bed under a mountain of clean laundry. But I'd like to learn to be in control. I'd like to walk across a room without tripping over piles of abandoned stuff, I'd like to bake fancy bread and fill my house with pretty crafts.

I'd also like to test out some of the claims on the other sites, are those recipes really as good as they look? Can you really make your own cleaning products at home? Do those pretty PDF day planners actually make a difference?

And does everything HAVE to be cream with shades of pastel and the occasional bit of turquoise? Can you be a goth/metal/steampunk housewife?

No comments: